RE: My Volumetric data

From: Dave Akers (dla@engr.sgi.com)
Date: 08/01/2000 17:10:28

Hi Vasu,

  I think your problem is that your datasets are byte-swapped. At the
bottom of the webpage you referenced, there's a discussion of this. You'll
need to run the command

% dd if=3dhead of=3dhead.new conv=swab

This will byte-swap your unsigned short raw data. Next step is to convert
it to .tif:

% imgcopy "3dhead.new#raw%size=256,256,109%colormodel=luminance%type=ushort"
 output_byteswapped.tif

Then you should be able to visualize it appropriately with voglBasic. The
3-D head dataset happens to have most of its values concentrated between
around 0 and 2000, so you might want to try:

% voglBasic output_byteswapped.tif -dataRange 0 2000

Let me know if you still have problems. :)

Dave