Re: newbie qn.

From: Dave Akers (dla@engr.sgi.com)
Date: 08/01/2000 12:51:29

Hi,

  For what you're trying to do there are a couple of possible approaches..

  1) You could use T3F_V3F format for your geometry specification,
explicitly encoding texture coordinates for each vertex. (You could use an
indexed hexa set to store the geometry, then use its tesselate() method to
create tetras..)

  2) You could resample your texture into a uniform cube grid structure,
padding the outside regions with zeroes.

  There are many trade-offs between the above techniques.. I'd be happy to
go through it in more detail if you would like.

  As for truncation of texture data, try using a different partial brick
type. See /usr/share/Volumizer/src/apps/OpenGL/voglInitAppearance.cxx. In
your call to voAppearanceActions::getBestParameters it sounds like you are
using voPartialBrickTypeScope::TRUNCATE. Try using either AUGMENT or
AUGMENT_TIGHT. AUGMENT will create an extra same-sized brick and pad it
with zeroes, while AUGMENT_TIGHT will create an extra row of tight-fitting
bricks along the edges. If you're using Volumizer 1.2 AUGMENT_TIGHT will
work correctly - previously a bug from 1.1 resulted in incorrect sorting
of the bricks in AUGMENT_TIGHT mode.

Hope that helps,

-Dave