RE: My Volumetric data

From: Vasudevan Ramanujam (devvas@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/01/2000 16:20:24

Hi Dave

  I would appreciate if you could tell me the exact
procedure for viewing the data set given in the
following location,since my data set too is similar to
the ones that are provided here:

http://asec.cs.gsu.edu/asecdl/materials/vol-viz/volume_visualization_data_sets.htm

This is what I did with the Head data set:
1.imgcopy
"head#raw%size=w,h,z%colormodel=luminance%type=ushort"
output.tif .here it is a 256*256*109 data set
2.voglBasic output.tif

All i get is a hazy picture or no picture.

3.Now if I do imgcopy -tchar then the output tif image
becomes half the original size approximately.Infact
during conversion it gives a warning "data bounds out
of range".Neverthless,voglBasic gives a
"comparatively" better output,but not the best
output,since it reads only half the dataset(8 bits
instead of 16 bits).The idea to convert the datatype
to "char" came to me,since all the example Tif files
are in that format.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thx
Vasu