Re: O2 MPR problem?

Sean Spicer (spicer@bme.stanford.edu)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

Sorry if you've already answered this, but what version(s) of volumizer
are you running on you Oynx & O2? The reason I ask is that I ran into
this problem about a year ago w/ volumizer 1.0, (::textureBind(...)
failing on O2 and Oynx2) However, Robert supposedly quashed that bug in
v1.1. At least I've not had any further problems with my code once I
updated. If you're already on 1.1, then we may have to do some more
hunting. grin.

sean

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Mark Davey wrote:

> I am developing a large application around Volumizer. I develop the
> software on an Onyx2 but wish to keep the code portable to as many SG
> platforms as I can. I have adapted the Multi-Planar reformatting example
> to provide othogonal reslicing of the volume (maybe not the most
> efficient way of doing this but I want to extend it at a later date to
> provide arbitrary reslicing functionality).
> This code works fine on the Onyx. However, when run on the O2 I get the
> following error
>
> OpenGL Volumizer Error BAD_VALUE: voAppearanceActions::textureLoad():
> bad load; possibly brick too large
>
> So, I have struggled to find the source of the problem for some time. It
> happens on a
>
> voAppearanceActions::textureBind(...) call.
>
> I happened to run the demo voglMPR1 as given in the README file and I
> found the same error occurring. It only happens (I think) after quite
> extensive rotation of the data set, i.e. all three copies of the data
> set have been utilised.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this behaviour and more importantly, can anyone
> suggest a solution???
>

> Mark...
>

> --
> From: Mark Davey
> Dept. of Medical Physics, UCL.
>
> TEL: +44 (0)171 915 1673.
> FAX: +44 (0)171 837 9279.
>
> Institute of Laryngology and Otology,
> 330 Gray's Inn Road,
> London.
> WC1X 8GE.

Sean Spicer Stanford University Medical Center
Biomechanical Engineering Division of Vascular Surgery, Suite H3642
Cardiovascular Biomechanics Lab Stanford CA, 94305
                                  Telephone...650.723.1695
                                    Fax.........650.723.8762

            http://solvedeath.stanford.edu/~spicer