Requirements for compiling demos

Eric Webster (ewebster@spawar.navy.mil)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:05:38 -0800

This is a question concerning the requirements for
compiling the demos that come with the OpenGL
Volumizer 1.0 package.

After visiting the Volumizer webpage, we checked
the requirements and downloaded/installed the
OpenGL Utility Toolkit 3.6 package. Everything else
on our system was up to snuff, with the exception
of the "recommended" ifl_eoe 1.2. (We have ifl_eoe 1.1.1,
but we are holding off on 1.2 for now as that requires
patch 2752.)

However, when I try to compile the demos, I get
complaints of missing header files, specifically
<Inventor/*.h> and <ifl/*.h> files. Are these
include files part of inventor_eoe and ifl_eoe
and should be on our system, or are these only
available with some sort of "dev" option for
inventor and ifl? (In other words, are there really
some additional requirements for compiling the
demos, beyond those listed on the Volumizer webpage?)

Below are our system specs:
        Onyx (not Onyx2) InfiniteReality
        Triple-pipe, in triple-keyboard mode
        IRIX 6.2