Re: Picking with C3F_V3F

Robert Grzeszczuk (rg)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:52:19 -0800

Florian,

Indeed, PickAction currently only supports V3F vertex format. Implementation
that supoports other formats is actually somewhat involved (e.g., given (x,y,z)
along a ray, one has to determine which tetra the point is in, compute
barycentric coords and interpolate per-vertex values). May happen one of these
days, though. In the meantime, you can use a shadow TetraSet in V3F format to
get the textel values.

What are you using the per-vertex properties for, and why would you want them
to affect picking (other than design completeness :-) )?

-rg