13W3 to DB15

From: Mark F (bateau@home.com)
Date: 12/30/2000 18:39:17

Hi Volumizer.

I have a question that is not directly related to Volumizer but I'm not sure
where else I could find information on this.
I have an SGI GDM-20D11 monitor which is one of the older models without a
DB15 connection. There are some times when I would like to take that
monitor from my Indigo2 to one of my PC boxes. I have cable that takes 13W3
to DB15 and a converter that does the same however I don't get any signal
when I plug it into the PC. I'm thinking that is problem is related to the
fact that this cable and converter is meant to be used on SGI 540's and
computers like that which use DB15 but may use a different pinning then
regular PC DB15's. I have heard that it is possible to take 13W3 to PC DB15
but I have never seen it done I have no idea what it takes to do it.
If anyone knows anything about how to do this or what I need, I would be
most thankful.

Thanks

Mark