Pb with structured array with irregular distance between points

From: Jean-Christophe PENALVA (jean-christophe.penalva@cines.fr)
Date: 06/16/2000 01:18:31

        Hello,

        First, it will be difficult to do power of 2 number of points
(there
are already "to much points", we don't like to add some !).
        When i speak about the array (these are data from CFD
computation),
it's a "regular array". There's the same number of points from the start
to the end (in x y and z). But the distance between points is not
regular. For example, there's big distance in the area where there's
less interaction, and there's more points near the rotor (where there
are lot of interactions).
        I've look in /usr/share/Volumizer.../OpenGL. there are good
examples,
but the voglUnstructured is not for my data, there are not unstructured,
there's not a regular space between the x y and z. It's a rectangular
array.
        We don't want to interpolate us array to a regular array,
because it's
a loss of information.
        In the volumizer documentation, on page 3, SGI speak about
"Unstructured meshes that are common in CFD analysis.", but us data are
not unstructured !!
        Thank you.

--
 C.I.N.E.S. Centre Informatique National de l'Enseignement Superieur
 Montpellier FRANCE Tel: 33 4 67 14 14 14 (Fax: 33 4 67 52 37 63)