Re: [Fwd: I will *NOT* fear raw data ...]

From: bert's account (lberto@clubfed.sgi.com)
Date: 06/15/2000 15:19:21

Just to add to what ken said, Interpolate the data so it is regular
mesh! this is fairly simple to do! (I haven't looked at irregular
meshes yet so I don't know how they work in Volumizer but there is an
example in the .../src/apps/OpenGL/ directory)

I have modified the voglRaw example to read packed integers (rgba_8888)
so once the data is interpolated and packed you could use the attached
executable to view your data with!

Key code

Up dn arrow ( zoom in out)
c put a clipping plane
o p ortho perspective
u d scale object up and down (not the same as zoom)

I also added an input argument called -XYZ which should be followed
by 3 dimension integers ie: 128 128 128 so the program knows how to
read your data! (The default is 256 256 32 which is weird but I
wrote this for a specific use and later modified it!

I don't want to give out the code because it's a hack and I'd like
to clean it up a bit! (After not looking at it for a year and then
looking at it today, I see it more clearly!)
Also It was written for 1.1 and I would like to update that!

If it is useful to anyone let me know?

If it's totally worthless..... Ok I can take it, Let me know that too!

--
See Ya,

Lawrence Eugene Bertoldi Technical Consultant vnet 238-8949 Silicon Graphics phone 301-572-8949 Silver Spring MD. email lberto@clubfed.sgi.com

~;-}>