Re: Pb with structured array with irregular distance between points

From: Lawrence Bertoldi (lberto@sgi.com)
Date: 06/16/2000 13:47:10

I have had to deal with this type of data before! In converting Exa Surface
and Fluid files to something
that Ensight 6 visualizer could read! And your right, There are a lot of
points and I'm not sure of how to best
deal with it in Volumizer!

I assume you have 3 or 4 specific resolutions not just random distances and
that they adjoin each other!
(Hi rez spaced at say 2mm and lower rezes down to 4mm and 8mm) The simplest
method
would be to increase your resolution of the lower rez meshes! You wont
lose any data this way even
with interpolation but this of course will cause your data to increase
exponentially!

The best way would be to build multiple volumes one for each resolution and
combine them!
Volumizer supports this to some degree but you will have to separate your
resolutions and convert
your data into separate tiffs. Take a look at the example of
multiVolume.cxx. With some modification
you should be able to get what you want!

Notice that XYZ size should all be the same? I think you can change that by
storing the dimensions for
each mesh! I tried some things with creating tif files that were differing
sizes and order seems to be
important! check out the README file all the way at the end for how to use
voglMultiVolume!

--
See Ya,

Lawrence Eugene Bertoldi Technical Consultant vnet 238-8949 Silicon Graphics phone 301-572-8949 Silver Spring MD. email lberto@clubfed.sgi.com