porting Volumizer

From: Harold Treat (treat@sgi.com)
Date: 04/20/2000 10:37:51

We agree that it would be useful to be able to use Volumizer to build
volume rendering applications and view the results of those applications
on a variety of desktop systems, including NT. However, instead of
porting Volumizer to NT (and other platforms) our approach is to use our
Onyx2 systems as visual servers for high performance rendering and to
deliver the rendered images, via a network, to a variety of desktop
clients. Last December, we introduced OpenGL Vizserver to provide this
capability. Currently Vizserver currently supports IRIX clients, but we
are working on support for other clients including Solaris, Linux, and
NT.

Information on OpenGL Vizserver is available at:
www.sgi.com/software/vizserver/

Harold Treat