Re: Just starting out

Nigel W. John (n.w.john@mcc.ac.uk)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:14:36 +0100

Hi Andrew,

The images are in 3D Tiff format. This is a "standard" but few
applications support it. imgview is one of them! I don't know gimp but I
suspect that it doesn't support 3D Tiffs.

I don't know why the volumizer team used this format. Looks like your
first task will be to write a more general purpose file import utility!
How about a DICOM reder?

You should also look at the example code in:

        /usr/share/Volumizer/src/util

It contains a utility to combine a series of 2D images in
IFL-recognisable format into 3D Tiff.

Best Regards,

Nigel

--