Re: Volumizer on IRIX6.5 on O2

Dave Akers (dla@sgi.com)
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:19:01 -0700

Jason,

Thanks for the response. The bus error you experienced with the inventor demos is
actually not specific to Irix 6.5 or the O2 platform. It has been traced to a code
generation bug in version 7.3 of the CC compiler. (There's someone looking into
this now.)

The good news is that there's a workaround.. In a few minutes, I'll make another
post to the mailing list with the temporary fix. Sorry for the inconvenience, and
let me know if you still have problems.. :) I assume that the OpenGL demos still
work for you?

-Dave