Over-zealous code re-use

Robert Grzeszczuk (rg)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

As we are packaging code for the upcoming Volumizer patch, we noticed that were
have gone overboard with component reuse in OpenGL demos. Only demos that do
*not* use voCache object to retain transient geometry from frame to frame
(e.g., voGeometryActions::drawUtility()), should allocate their own transient
storage with my_InitTransient() and free it up in my_Cleanup(). The
soon-to-available patch will provide a new Makefile (and minor code
reshuffling) to eliminate such redundant allocations from the following demos:
voglCache, voglRaw, voglSpaceLeap, voglMorph, and voglSphere.

-rg