Re: Subdividing Volumes

Robert Grzeszczuk (rg)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

Arno,

It should work, in principle. :-)

The caveat is visibility sorting. I have included a slightly modified Inventor
sample data file that will render two subvolumes of the same volume as two
different voivGeometries. They are rendered correctly as long as the first
subvolume is behind the second (as it is drawn first during the traversal). Is
this what you mean by "didn't work?" If so, you can fix it by re-arranging the
nodes in the scene graph (in a pre-render callback) so that they are always
traversed in visibility order. An alternative, is to implement a
voivMultiGeometry that holds all the subparts for the given BrickSetCollection.
 The render callback for this node would first sort all the sub-parts. While
less general, it may be easier to implement.

Let me know if that helps.

-rg