Re: Volumizer Appearance Problem

Chikai Ohazama (chikai@talula.engr.sgi.com)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:38:33 -0800 (PST)

I think I've had this problem before. Try taking out the voError "if"
the statement after the new voBrickSetCollection call. Also print out the
brick size dimensions. They should multiply out to be no larger than 4
MB, this is because there are two banks of 8 MB on the Onyx RE2 plus each
voxel takes up 16-bits at minimum and to my knowledge dual textures were
never implemented in OpenGL for the RE2. One thing good about the RE2 is
that it manages texture memory really well If it is not 4 MB, then
explicitly set the brick dimensions. All this is a workaround, and should
be fixed. There are bugs with Volumizer on the RE2, which Robert G is
working on.

Hope this helps!

Chikai J. Ohazama, Ph.D. Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
Member of Technical Staff 2011 N. Shoreline Blvd. ms 525
Advanced Graphics Division Mountain View, CA 94043.1389
Telephone: (650) 933-6533
FAX: (650) 964-8671