X server crashes?

Jean M. Favre (jfavre@cscs.ch)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:20:05 +0100

Dear mailing list,

I have the following problem with the volumizer.

If installed on an Irix6.2 Indigo2, two to four times a day, my mouse
pointer suddenly "falls down" until it stops in the lower left corner of
the screen. The only possible action, is to loggin from a remote machine
and kill the X server.

My machine was very stable until I installed the Volumizer. After a
dozen of these X server crashes, I removed the installation, and
everything has been back to normal.

What does Volumizer do? Can a patch fix it? Has anyone seen this too?

Thanks for any pointers...

--
Jean M. Favre, PhD                          | email: favre@cscs.ch
Research Scientist        http://www.cscs.ch/Official/People/Favre.html