Re: Performer Node [again]

From: Dave Akers (dla@engr.sgi.com)
Date: 05/17/2000 13:43:00

Hi Fred,

  To help us understand how we can help, could you give us a list of
exactly the things you'd like to be able to do? In each case (as with
lookup tables) we can answer implementation questions.

> the Caveat below, along with its adendum in the next email you sent, is
> alittle unclear to me, but it seems to imply that i should be able to do
> things like dynamically modify polygon caching parameters, volume region-of-
> interest size and locaton, etc., etc., from, i guess, the APP process.
> please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Yes, there's nothing preventing you from making changes to these
parameters in the APP process...

> hmmm. there needs to be a way for these to be exposed in the pfVolume class
> API, somehow i know, for there to be useful functionality here.

Again, let us know specifically what Volumizer functionality you're
looking to get at through the Performer node interface.. This will allow
us to help you better.

Thanks!

Dave