HP Services Software Patches - dec-axpvms-dnvosieco04-v0601--4
Copyright (c) Digital Equipment Corporation 1995. All rights reserved.
PRODUCT: DECnet/OSI V6.1 for OpenVMS AXP
OP/SYS: OpenVMS Alpha
SOURCE: Digital Equipment Corporation
ECO Kit Name: DNVOSIAXP_ECO04061
ECO Kits Superseded by This ECO Kit: DNVOSIAXP_ECO03061
ECO Kit Approximate Size: 12,120 Blocks
Kit Applies To: DECnet/OSI V6.1 for OpenVMS AXP
OpenVMS Alpha V6.1
NOTE: To verify that the you are running the
correct version of DECnet/OSI, enter the
following NCL command:
NCL Show Implementation
System Reboot Necessary: Yes
ECO KIT SUMMARY:
An ECO kit exists for DECnet/OSI V6.1 for OpenVMS AXP on OpenVMS Alpha
V6.1. This kit addresses the following problems.
Corrections for Base Components:
o Image SYS$LIBRARY:CDI$SHR.EXE
- Correct local 'simple name' processing.
- Correct error returned to Session for NET$ACP processing.
o Image SYS$SYSTEM:NET$ACP.EXE
- Include for CDI$SHR.EXE.
o Image SYS$UPDATE:NET$CONVERT_DATABASE.EXE
- Remove the illegal FDDI command for Station Buffers that
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$DRIVER.EXE
- Fix pool leak where VCRPs fail to be deallocated.
- Notify the $QIO interface when the incoming connection timer
expires and the incoming connection has not been explicitly
accepted or rejected by the target task.
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$OSDRIVER.EXE
- Include with NET$DRIVER.
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$ROUTING_ES.EXE
- On a single circuit prevent unnecessary probe packets.
- On a point-to-point circuit a stale PDU size and pointer were
used for the source NSAP which was used for cache table look up.
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$SESSION_CONTROL.EXE
- Correct pool leak of WQEs.
- Prevent PGFILPHI crash in GetLocalNodeInfo
- Second fix to prevent PGFILPHI crash in GetLocalNodeInfo
- Report delete session control port to I/O-status
in mailbox for 3rd party disconnect.
- Prevent crash on session ports in the WFCNTOCMP state.
- Server processes are not correctly being reused.
- Correct possible pool corruption.
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$TRANSPORT_NSP.EXE
- Prevent idle links from dropping when the link service ACK is
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:NET$TRANSPORT_OSI.EXE
- Fix chained receive used by X.25 or TCP/IP which could cause an
application to abort.
- Prevent error in Show DTE address with NCL.
- Fix congestion avoidance to prevent the window from closing.
- Fix shutdown crash in deallocate TLQs.
- Fix race condition crash.
- Fix memory leak with X.500 and RFC1006
- Fix active connection count becoming negative.
- Fix crash c_retrans_ak.
- Fix bad throughput.
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:SYS$NETWORK_SERVICES.EXE
- Update ECO number in DECnet version "050704"
o New trace images included in SYS$LIBRARY for compatibility
Corrections for DECdns Client Components:
o Image SYS$LOADABLE_IMAGES:SYS$NAME_SERVICES.EXE
- Clerk Memory leak in convert string fullname to opaque routine.
- Clerk Non-paged pool memory leak
This ECO is installed using the POLYCENTER Software Installation
Product Kit Name: DNVOSIECO04
PCSI Kit Name: DEC-AXPVMS-DNVOSIECO04-V0601--4.PCSI
In order for the corrections in this kit to take effect, the system must be
rebooted. If the system is a member of a VMScluster, the entire cluster
should be rebooted.
Due to an error in the POLYCENTER Software Installation, it is not
possible to install DEC AXPVMS OSAK V3.0, DEC AXPVMS FTAM V3.2, or
DEC AXPVMS X.25 after installing this ECO kit.
OSAK, FTAM and X.25 PCSI installations require DECnet/OSI V6.1 which
causes the installation process to remove DNVOSIECO04. This will leave
the system without a SYS$NETWORK_SERVICES.EXE and rebooting is not
The original installation order must be preserved. This will be
corrected in a future release.
Place each PCSI kit in a unique source directory.
1) DEC AXPVMS DECNET_OSI V6.1 /Source=[KITS.DECNET]
2) DEC AXPVMS X.25 V1.0-A /Source=[KITS.X25]
2) DEC AXPVMS OSAK V3.0-A /Source=[KITS.OSAK]
3) DEC AXPVMS FTAM V3.2-B /Source=[KITS.FTAM]
4) DEC AXPVMS DNVOSIECO04 V6.1 /Source=[KITS.ECO]
Files on this server are as follows: