Re: dataConvert() bug?

Dave Ahn (ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:53:20 -0500

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 10:19:46AM -0800, Dave Akers wrote:

> This is indeed a bug in Volumizer 1.1. We'll provide a fix in the 1.2
> release... in the meantime, fooling dataConvert() into thinking that your
> disk data format is LUMINANCE seems to do the trick. :)

I guess I wasn't crazy afterall!

At your (and others') suggestion, I am passing LUMINANCE to dataConvert()
which will work for now.

However, there may be a second subtle bug with dataConvert() when going
from LUMINANCE->LUMINANCE_ALPHA. Given a luminance value of 0xab, shouldn't
dataConvert() map that to 0xabff by padding it with a 1.0 alpha value?
It currently maps it to 0xabab by replicating the luminance component into
the alpha component (which is what INTENSITY->LUMINANCE_ALPHA is supposed
to do).

Regards,
Dave

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2