RE: dataConvert() bug?

Andrew Preece (apreece@reading.sgi.com)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:52:12 -0000

Hi Dave,

I had the same problem with your test code on my O2. This is the
only workaround that would work:

voAppearanceActions::dataConvert(brick, data_ptr,
  voExternalFormatTypeScope::LUMINANCE);

i.e. I tricked the dataConvert function into thinking the disk data
was LUMINANCE data and not INTENSITY data! :-)

Sorry, you probably wanted a real fix.......

Andy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Ahn [mailto:ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu]
Sent: 09 November 1999 04:17
To: info-volumizer@corp.sgi.com
Subject: dataConvert() bug?

Hello,

I've perused the archive and found no mention of this, so here I go...

I believe I may have uncovered a bug with
voAppearanceActions::dataConvert().
In the case where I'm using UNSIGNED_SHORT data type in INTENSITY format,
if I specify an external format of LUMINANCE_ALPHA (as returned by
getBestParameters() for Impact & MXE), then dataConvert() fails to convert
the voxels from i1i2i3i4 to i1i1i2i2i3i3i4i4. This also occurs on an Onyx
IR if I force the external format to LUMINANCE_ALPHA. In order to get
correct behavior, I had to convert the data manually. Below are links to
two snapshots and a stripped down program to illustrate the apparent bug.

        http://www.vec.wfubmc.edu/volumizer_bug/vo_auto_cvt.gif
        http://www.vec.wfubmc.edu/volumizer_bug/vo_manual_cvt.gif
        http://www.vec.wfubmc.edu/volumizer_bug/volumize_bug.cc

Of course, I could be doing something so obviously wrong that it's
escaping me!

I have not tested dataConvert() in other format and datatype pairs.

My platforms are:
        Onyx IR 4xR10K, IRIX 6.2, Volumizer 1.1 + 3696
        Octane MXE R12K, IRIX 6.5.5m, Volumizer 1.1 + 3696
        Indigo2 Max Impact/TRAM R10K, IRIX 6.5.5m, Volumizer 1.1 + 3696

Regards,
Dave

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and
the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your
life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will
rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2