Re: ColorTable problem

ballard andrews (andrews@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:46:18 -0400

Dave,

O.K., I forgot or didn't notice there was a disable method
for voLookupTable. Though this is easy with OGL,
I'm not quite clear how this maps onto Inventor
with a scenegraph instead of a display list:
I guess I'll have to resort to multiple SoGLRenderActions.

thanks,

-ba

Dave Akers wrote:

> Hi Ballard,
>
> The lookup table provided with Volumizer isn't specific to textures used with
> Volumizer. Internally it uses the glColorTableSGI function to set up a LUT that
> applies to _all_ textures. If you just want your object to appear in its own colors
> (without a LUT translation), then you need to temporarily disable the lookup table
> before you draw the object, then re-enable it to render the volume. This can be
> done with the methods voLookupTable::disable() and voLookupTable::enable(). I've
> tested this with your example code, and it works just fine..
>
> -Dave

-
Dr. A. Ballard Andrews
Schlumberger Doll Research