Re: Is Robert Grzeszczuk still with us??

Robert L. Brown (rlb@sgi.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:20:50 -0700

This may sound like evasive talk, but Robert is interested in pursuing other
opportunities and will be doing so now that he is no longer with us. What
Robert chooses to do now is really just his business and we shouldn't
speculate about reasons why what happened happened; Robert is an excellent
engineer and, frankly, we miss his talents and (usually :-) ) his
personality around here.

What I talked about in the SIG is that Volumizer is effectively "shifted
into neutral" for a while. It has not gained momentum as quickly as we had
hoped and we have not been able to build a significant business around it.
This could turn around at any point in the future (which we'd welcome) and
we're now looking for opportunities to engage in deals. Brian is probably
the right one to contact on that as Mark stated.

We have not removed its availability nor removed support nor stopped
development completely. We are aware of some very key users and a community
of fans. There is more to the story to be worked out, and it's getting a
fair bit of attention right now. We heard the messages at SIGGraph loud and
clear, at all levels.

Bob Brown
Engineering Manager, OpenGL Volumizer