Re: remote display

Michael Boyles (mjboyles@voyager.vrve.iupui.edu)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:32:08 -0500 (EST)

What Sean said is the only solution I could come up with also. I did
this a couple of years ago using a standard raycasting technique
(Volumizer wasn't around yet) and then sent the image over the web to
a Java applet for collaborative visualization. For more information,
please check out www.cs.iupui.edu/~rraje/html/vis.html. It has the
link to the paper that appeared in Journal of Concurrency: Practice
and Experience.

I think the problem is that even when you remote display from an SGI
machine, OpenGL uses the local machine's hardware. Is there anyway to
force OpenGL (and hence Volumizer) to use the distant machine's
hardware?

- Mike
   ______________________________
 _/ \_