Re: coordinate system

Angus Bond (bond@stereosgi.neur.cwru.edu)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:02:29 -0700 (EDT)

> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:28:17 -0700
> From: Clara Chan <clara@waltz.jpl.nasa.gov>
> To: "info-volumizer@corp.sgi.com" <info-volumizer@corp.sgi.com>
> Subject: coordinate system
>
> Hi,
> Our data is stored using the left-handed coordinate system and
> when
> I ran with volumizer programs, the image's z-direction is
> flipped.
> Is there an easy way I could reverse that direction?
> Thanks.
> Clara

Clara,

Any mirror image of the volume over any axis will produce a volume
with the correct-handed geometry, but you may need to do some
orthogonal rotations. You can verify this yourself with pencil
and paper. Draw an oriented cube. Then draw its Z-flipped version.
Now draw various mirrored versions about other axes. Observe the
rotations needed to correctly orient the volume.

Good luck!
Angus
Angus Bond
bond@stereosgi.neur.cwru.edu