colormap problem

Clara Chan (clara@waltz.jpl.nasa.gov)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:28:30 -0700

Hi,
I was displaying the same dataset with the same colormap,
using voglSimpleVolume and monsterview (only 1 pipe).
Attached are the two images I got.
The magenta part of the oceanMonster.jpg image should be
transparent.
Somehow the opacity map has no effect.
I looked at the way the two programs draw the volume and they
looked the same to me. Can you explain why there is a difference?

And if I add cache and use drawUtility() in the monsterview
program,
the colors look like the ocean.jpg image.
Thanks for your help.
Clara