Re: Bruker NMR data format

Robert Grzeszczuk (rg)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

Masaaki,

Volumizer API does not deal with extremely ill-posed problem of propriatery
file format decoding. We eliminated any such dependencies from the library by
design. All applications expect a simple stream of voxels ina a contiguous
area of memory.

You can take one of two approaches to solving your problem. One is to write a
simple C function that will read a subvolume of your MRI data set into a
contiguous array (consult myReadBrickIfl() or myReadBrickRaw() in myBrickIO.cxx
as representative examples). The other option is to write a filter that will
convert a set of images in the Bruker file format to something that Volumizer
demos know how to handle (e.g., 3D TIFF or verbatim raw 2D images).
 Incidently, most MRI formats I have seen, are just raw pixel streams, possibly
with a header. Have you tried running voglRaw on your data?

-rg