Re: dataset formats

Fred Dech (fred@cerulean.bvis.uic.edu)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:57:33 -0500 (CDT)

Robert Grzeszczuk wrote:

> Kim,
>
> What are the eaxact arguments you are specifying for voglRaw? Are they
> sometging like:
>
> voglRaw 0 68 68 68 ubyte IronProt1.ima IronProt2 ... IronProt67.ima
>
> Keep in mind that you cannot simply say:
>
> voglRaw 0 68 68 68 ubyte IronProt*
>
> as the shell-expanded list will not be sorted (IronProt15.ima proceeds
> IronProt2.ima in lexicographic order). Other than renaming your files you may
> want to create an explicit list of files (by hand editing the list generated
> with 'ls -0' or with some crafty sed script) and try:
>
> voglRaw 0 68 68 68 ubyte `cat list`

hi guys.

please correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't it be:
voglRaw 0 68 68 67 ? i wouldn't consider myself a mathwiz, but 68 would be
files 0 through 67, not 1 through 67. and the example will boot you out
even if you're *real* close to the declared Z size.

--fred

--
  Fred Dech   fdech@uic.edu
  VRMedLab