Re: Problems with planes

Robert Grzeszczuk (rg)
Fri, 21 May 1999 09:48:40 -0700 (PDT)

Ricardo,

No need to polygonize. You can create your own polygons to be drawn.

For example:

float myPolygon[] =
    {
        0, 0, 0,
        0, 256, 0,
        256, 256, 64,
        256, 0, 64,
    };

voVertexData *myVertexData = new voVertexData(4,3,myPolygon);
voIndexedFaceSet *myFaceSet = new voIndexedFaceSet(myVertexData,4);

You can then use myFaceSet in a draw action. The data of the slice you
selected will be automatically texture mapped onto the polygon after you issue
the textureBind() call.

You can specify the texture coordinates for each vertex explicitly and use
T3F_V3F vertex format. This way you will not have to issue any texgen related
calls.

We'll try to post a complete code snippet that would do that, time permitting.

-rg