volumizer question

From: John Gaberino (jgaberino@mitixl.com)
Date: 12/04/2000 14:31:36

Dear SGI,

I am trying to run the demos from the Volumizer download on our Octane
with IRIX 6.5. I keep getting the following error:

myGetVolumeSizesIfl(): Cannot open texture in file 'Simple.IV'

I read in the release notes that "...using it on a machine that does not
support some form of hardware texture mapping is likely to result in
prohibitively slow performance."

I was capable of running the voivViewer but it was EXTREMELY slow. The
error I mentioned above came out when I tried any other binary like
voglBasic.

I just want to know if you can tell me if I need new hardware or if I am
missing some part of the software.

Thanks,
John A Gaberino III