Re: Performer Node [again]

From: Fred Dech (fred@cerulean.bvis.uic.edu)
Date: 05/12/2000 12:45:39

hi Don.

i'm going to drop my comments, questions below.

Don Burns wrote:

<snip>

> I think both goals were accomplished. The node is certainly not an end-all
> be-all solution to volumes. However, it does hide some of the complexity of
> volumizer, but providing a fairly simple API. I believe a README file was
> released with it, or it may have even been a man page, can't remember (Dave?).>
i looked for HTML docs, but i don't think there are any. there is a
README.usage which goes over the motivation and structure of the node.

<snip>

> I'm not quite sure what interface you are referring to here, but please note
> that the pfVolume node is derived from pfGroup, and therefore pfNode.
> Therefore, it has all the inter-node capabilities as any other pfNode.

ok. let's say, for example, that i need to modify the color LUT dynamcally
from the computational process. is there a straightforward approach to
get the LUT parameters into the Performer node, so that this can be applied
to the OGLVolumizer? is there a straightforward way to get any number of
variable data parameters from the computational process to OGLVolumizer in
the Performer node?

--fred