Performer Node

From: Fred Dech (fred@cerulean.bvis.uic.edu)
Date: 05/08/2000 11:31:16

hi.

i'm finally at the point of upgrading Volumizer/Performer applications to
use the most current Volumizer release.

there's not much documentation with the newest Performer node example.
i can tell that it takes a radically different approach than the
earlier Volumizer/Performer node.

why is it better? it's also not at all clear to me that there's an avenue
in the new node for creating an interface for passing data, etc., from the
computational process to the graphics process (and vise-versa) after volume
initialization. the earlier Performer node, while cumbersome and not 100%
reliable, has such an interface.

thanks.

--fred

--