Re: g++ and Volumizer

Dave Akers (dla)
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:25:50 -0800

Hi Sean,

  Correct you are.. As for the header file, the problems you encountered
have to do with assignment of streams. The ostream_withassign class under
the MIPSPro compiler allows copying of streams, while the same class is
called "_IO_ostream_withassign" under g++.. Brilliant, isn't it? ;)

  Anyway, providing a version of Volumizer 1.2 built under g++ wouldn't be
too much work, but there are a few issues. Out of curiosity, can I ask why
you want to be able to work with g++ on your SGI boxes?

Thanks,

Dave